HURRICANE HANGTAG RE-ENTRY ZONE COLOR CODES
Each residential ZONE is color coded:
Zone 1 Center
Pineland Rd. South To Berkshire Rd.
Zone 2 St. James City
Berkshire Rd. to south end of Pine Island
Zone 3 Bokeelia
Pineland Rd. north to end of Pine Island
Zone 4 Matlacha, Cape Royal
Matlacha, Cape Royal
Public Officials Only
Commercial/business Zones 1,2,3,4
A computerized database has been established to track the hangtags and as to whom they were issued as well as if they are reported lost or stolen. Hangtags shall act as a security system for the LCSO patrols after re-entry. Vehicles should display hangtags belonging to addresses in the specific area designated by the zone color.
When phased re-entry is opened:
· Vehicle goes to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office checkpoint with the hangtag hanging on the rear view mirror.
· Officials at the LCSO checkpoint do not need to stop the car if:
· The hang tag is visible AND
· The hangtag is the correct color of the zone (as determined by the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire District) to be allowed re-entry by
LCSO at the current time
· Be patient- access to affected areas will be controlled.
· Stay tuned- listen to your local TV and radio stations.
· Have current, valid I.D.s or Hurricane Hangtags and a driver’s license with a Matlacha/Pine Island address. Security operations will include checkpoints.
· Avoid driving- roads will have debris which can puncture tires. Don’t add to the congestion of relief workers, supply trucks, law enforcement, etc.
· Observe curfew hours- don’t sight-see, especially at night!
STORE HANGTAGS IN GLOVE BOX WHEN NOT IN USE
(Hangtags are the property of the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District)