A computerized database has been established to track the stickers and as to whom they were issued as well as if they are reported lost or stolen. Stickers shall act as a security system for the LCSO patrols after re-entry.
When phased re-entry is opened:
· Vehicle goes to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office checkpoint with stickers in the drivers side top left window corner.
· Officials at the LCSO checkpoint do not need to stop the car if:
· The sticker is visible AND
· The sticker is currnet and (as determined by the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire District) to be allowed re-entry by
LCSO at the current time
· Be patient- access to affected areas will be controlled.
· Stay tuned- listen to your local TV and radio stations.
· Have current, valid I.D.s and Hurricane stickers and a driver’s license with a Matlacha/Pine Island address. Security operations will include checkpoints.
· Avoid driving- roads will have debris which can puncture tires. Don’t add to the congestion of relief workers, supply trucks, law enforcement, etc.
· Observe curfew hours- don’t sight-see, especially at night!