HURRICANE HANGTAG QUALIFICATIONS
• Own property on the island
• Provide a copy of the lease for island property, listing the name of the person requesting the tag as a tenant or have the landlord request the tags
• Provide proof of residency, such as a utility bill, property tax bill, etc. indicating an island address
• Show a valid driver’s license
• Must own/manage a business with a physical address on the island
• Provide business license with island address
• Owner/manager must show valid driver’s license
• Hangtags will be issued to businesses and/or employers for their key employees. An application for each employee along with a copy of their driver's license shall be submitted to Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District and hangtags will be issued to the employer.
• The business owner/property owner is accountable for the hangtag and the person to whom it is issued.
• Tags should be issued only in the event of a storm and returned to the employer after the storm.
• Obtain hangtag from employer/property owner
• One (1) hangtag from each zone will suffice
• ONLY homeowners, tenants, or business owners can request replacements for lost hangtags.
• Necessity for hangtag renewal will be determined on a yearly basis. Check the local newspapers or with the Department for information. At this time, we are just issuing new tags; renewals are not necessary.
• DO NOT throw your hangtags away.
• Check with the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District if you have any questions about the tags, usage, or renewal.