HURRICANE HANGTAG QUALIFICATIONS
• Own property within the fire district
• Provide a copy of the lease for island property, listing the name of the person requesting the tag as a tenant or have the landlord request the tags
• Provide proof of residency, such as a utility bill, property tax bill, etc. indicating an island address
• Show a valid driver’s license
• Must own/manage a business with the fire district
• Provide business license with district address
• Owner/manager must show valid driver’s license
• Stickers will be issued to businesses and/or employers for their key employees. An application for each employee along with a copy of their driver's license shall be submitted to Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District and stickers will be issued to the employer.
• The business owner/property owner is accountable for the stickers and the person to whom it is issued.
• Stickers should be issued only in the event of a storm and returned to the employer after the storm.
• Obtain a sticker from employer/property owner
• ONLY homeowners, tenants, or business owners can request replacements for lost stickers.
• The current stickers are valid from 2018 until 2022
• Check with the Matlacha/Pine Island Fire Control District if you have any questions about the stickers, usage, or renewal.